Position 468
How should White play 32 here:
One of the principles that I teach to students is that 3 checkers
on your 24 point is an unbelievably bad formation. Whatever you do here, you
must move at least one checker from your 24 point.
Consider 24/22 13/10:
This enables your checker on your 22 point to see daylight and be
able to jump Black’s prime with a 6. It also stays back on a point Black would
less like to make.
This move duplicates both Blacks 62 and 63 rolls.
But you can do better, consider 24/21 24/22:
This does give black a lot of pointing rolls, but if Black makes
either their 4 or 3 points, you have a good chance to anchor on the point they
didn’t make.
But you can do even better, consider 24/21 6/4:
Whenever I have a difficult move to make, I always check to see if
there is any duplication. Here after 24/21 6/4, there is perfect duplication of
2s and 3s on both sides of the board.
This move seeks to go forward and wins the most games and the most Gammons. It is the correct move.






Comments
Post a Comment